[Discuss-gnuradio] ZedBoard GNU Radio image boot problems

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ZedBoard GNU Radio image boot problems
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 20:30:30 +0000

I’m trying to boot a ZedBoard with the GNU Radio image here: http://gnuradio.org/data/sdk/zedboard_armv7a-hf-vfp-neon/. I picked the hard float image even though the tutorial points to the soft float image (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Zynq). I don’t know why I’d want the soft float image since using the FPU will be much faster.

I followed the directions at the aforementioned tutorial except I renamed “u-boot.bin” to “BOOT.BIN” and “uImage-zedboard-zynq7.dtb” to “devicetree.dtb”. I could not get the board to boot. The USB-to-UART triggers cdc_acm to load /dev/ttyACM0 on my Linux host PC, but there is no activity over serial. I’m confident the board is not dead because I am able to boot from the preloaded SD card that came with the ZedBoard development kit. Does anybody have any suggestions? It seems like either some step is missing or I am misunderstanding a step in the tutorial.

Thanks,

Sean Nowlan