Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] qa_volk_test_all (Failed) & qa_codec2_vocoder (Fa

From: Mike Jameson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] qa_volk_test_all (Failed) & qa_codec2_vocoder (Failed) when running make test
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:48:09 +0100

Hi Andy,

I highly recommend using pybombs.  For unfamiliar readers the instructions are here:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki

To set the environment variables on startup just add the 'source blahblahblah' path that './pybombs env' gives you to the end of your '~/.bashrc' file.

The great thing about pybombs is that you don't need to install everything as root and to uninstall everything (unlike the build-gnuradio script) all you do is delete the 'target' directory or run './pybombs remove'.  A directory called 'target' will be made in the same directory that the pybombs folder is placed in so I advise making a folder called something like '~/sdr/gr/' and then run the 'git clone' command inside that.

Mike

--
Mike Jameson M0MIK BSc MIET
Ettus Research Technical Support