Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 142, Issue 22

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 142, Issue 22
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:08:29 -0400

This sounds like exactly the use case for stream tags (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/BlocksCodingGuide#Stream-Tags). More info on how to use them is here: http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_stream_tags.html

Unfortunately there isn't a good listing of tag naming conventions, so one of the best examples currently is the UHD source/sink, but for example multiple blocks understand/use the rx_freq, rx_rate or rx_time tags.

 Doug

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:15 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
The message passing interface works for this. I have a VITA-49 depacketizer I wrote and I used message passing to set the center frequency for QT Frequency Sink because it already has a frequency subscriber. But to use it in general, I have to change every block that needs information from the depacketizer. For example, if I want any blocks to use the sample rate supplied in the VITA-49 context packet I need to add a sample rate subscriber to everything that needs to know about it.

/\/\ark.