Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building GNURadio

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building GNURadio
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:14:51 -0400

Certainly you don't want to *disable* NEON when compiling for a platform that has it.

The SDK is designed for cross-compiling - I'll note that although the set of released SDK's are targetting Cortex-A9's, the emitted binaries will run on any ARMv7a chips (aside from the hf/sf ABI issues you need to understand).
If you're determined to native compile, then following the instructions under http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Embedded#Native-Compiling should do the right thing. If that's not working for you, please do speak up.

I believe it came up during the Embedded WG discussion at GrCon last week that the wiki page has gotten to a good enough state that we probably do want to make it visible on the front page.

 Doug