Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difference between QT/WX

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difference between QT/WX
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 19:45:49 -0400

On 10/03/2014 07:37 PM, Jeff Long wrote:
They're both implemented in C++, and both wrapped in Python. New feature work, however, is aimed at the QT-based blocks in GNU Radio, so you won't see as many WX blocks or features.

- Jeff
The WX blocks will likely stay around for quite some time, as there are a lot of apps and examples that use them.

One of the issues with the WX blocks is that the "instrumentation" blocks are very poor performance, and they don't have as much of a
  "crisp, modern" look about them.

The performance issues could be fixed, the look and "clunk", probably not.