Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Circular dependency caught in sort_variables only

From: Murray Thomson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Circular dependency caught in sort_variables only String type
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 17:12:49 +0100

Thanks for the explanation Tom.

Regards,
Murray

On 7 October 2014 16:30, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Murray Thomson <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for your comments,

Is there an open issue for this problem? Is this a bug or am I doing something that I shouldn't?
I cannot hard-code the string because I need to be able to change the IP address of a UDP Sink block.

Thanks,
Murray

It's not really a bug since it's part of the design of the variables. However, it could be a feature in a future release of GRC. We're working on overhauling GRC in a number of ways that might help us better support this. Instead of making this an Issue in our Issue tracker, probably better for the GRC Roadmap:

Thanks,
Tom