Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay block controlled by input

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay block controlled by input
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 13:40:07 +0200

In that case, just use nitems_read() [1] in your delay block to inherently calculate "simulated time".

However, I'm a bit curious about the effects of using delay to do this:
Because, as long as the satellite is approaching you, you're occasionally dropping samples, whereas you're inserting zeros while it moves away from the observer. Unless your 10.23MHz signal contains only a oversampled signal you care about and then decimated after delay [2] this potentially really differs from what you'd be seeing in a real world receiver.

Greetings,
Marcus

[1] http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1block.html#a2279d1eb421203bc5b0f100a6d5dc263
[2] in which case that kind of has a doppler-y touch to it...