Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Encoder-Decoder

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Encoder-Decoder
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 19:25:50 -0400

Hi Thanasis,

1. The flow you showed could not have worked because Packet Decoder takes unpacked bytes. The graph should be:

File Source -> Encoder -> Packed-to-Unpacked -> Decoder -> File Sink

2. The payload length defaults to 512 if you leave it at 0, so a short file won't fill a packet.

Encoder:
1 Sample/Symbol, 1 Bit/Symbol, Payload length 1

Packed-to-Unpacked:
1 Bit/Chunk, MSB

That worked for me.

General question for others ... the encoder/decoder are part of GRC and haven't had any substantial work in a long time. Is this code meant to be used, or should people look at other blocks, or gr-mac?

- Jeff