Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gettin data out from GRC to C++ or java?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gettin data out from GRC to C++ or java?
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:25:31 +0200

Hi Ernest,
> Or it would be better practice to build receiver in grc and then
plotting results out with UDP sink (already tried that, seems to be
working)?
that's a good question, and it depends on what you want to do, how much
stuff you'd have to port etc.

>Any way to output complex data collected by USRP from grc to any other
enviroment (c++ or java)?

GRC is "just" a graphical frontend for the creation of GNU Radio flow graphs.
GNU Radio is mostly C++, with the possibility to do a lot of things in python.
So that answers your C++ question.
The "how to get data out of GNU Radio into XY?" question gets asked a lot, so
there's a FAQ entry for that:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ#What-is-the-file-format-of-a-gr_file_sink-How-can-I-read-files-produced-by-a-file-sink

In nearly all languages, you can just read the native data types from a
file by using standard methods.

Greetings,
Marcus