|Subject:||[Discuss-gnuradio] Guided Tutorials - Experience|
|Date:||Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:06:33 +0200|
|User-agent:||Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.2.0|
I did 2 of the Guided Tutorials - Programming GNU Radio in Python and C++ and want to tell you about my experiences.
First thanks for making this tutorials! They really help me to get a good start with GNU Radio.
Tutorial with Python: Since I don t have any programming experience in Pyton (and C++) I really liked it that it is very detailed! Could do it and understand everything!
Tutorial with C++: Really had problems doing this tutorial. I must admit that my C++ knowledge is very low.
- In the tutorial there is just written to edit the and how to edit the .cc file. But in the header there are also things to be edited.
- After declaring the function get_minimum_distances in header file and trying to compile (make) I get the error: unknown variable d_gray_code. So I guess in the .cc file there has to be done some assignment like d_gray_code = gray_code ?
- After doing some editings in header and .cc file I managed to compile.
- To prevent any errors I copied the given (on the tutorial page) .xml code into my .xml file. After cmake ../ --> make --> sudo make install --> sudo ldconfig --> restart GRC --> new block did not appear ?
- Maybe it s because the last 6 lines of xml file ? There appear </block> 2 times. After editing the file made by gr_modtool with the instructions it worked :-)
But after having done a QA test as it is written on the tutorial I get wrong results (AssertError). Seems that although I call
tutorial.my_qpsk_demod_cb(gray_code) with gray_code = false
Thank you in advance!
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|