Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What does "Feedback" mean in the issue tracker?

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What does "Feedback" mean in the issue tracker?
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 08:27:29 -0400

On 10/24/2014 09:02 PM, Kevin Reid wrote:
What does it mean in the GNU Radio issue tracker for an issue to have the status
"Feedback"?

Usually "Feedback" does mean "waiting for user feedback". But in this case, I think it means "hmm, have to think about that". Both reports have the same underlying cause. The second one, to do with the resampler, was exposed when some timing code was fixed.

In your phase_bug.py, it's interesting that removing the lock()/unlock() pair in _do_connect() makes the error go away. This probably means that the buffer calculations Tom mentions are not being done during a restart(), which happens at unlock(). The restart() function does not call flatten(), as start() does. I don't know whether the flowgraph can be reflattened in restart(). If so, that might be a fix. Tom?

In the mean time, setting up a couple of multiply_const blocks and changing the constant at runtime will work as a switch, even though it's not as efficient. Or, putting a stop()/wait()/start() around the call to _do_connect() in both phase-bug.py and try_die.py makes things work correctly, but might not be what you want.

- Jeff

Two of my bugs have been in this state and I don't know what this means about them. I
thought it might mean "asking for reporter's response" but in the one case I
gave it and got no response (#667), and in the other the update reads like just
diagnosing the bug (#713).

I'd like to get this clarified so I can be assured I'm doing the right thing in
my bug reporting.