Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gnuradio and additional projects

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gnuradio and additional projects
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:33:11 -0700

"Right" is whatever makes your life easy. You could only ever install out-of-tree modules into ~/.gnuradio. You could only ever use modules available in binary packages... Why not try pybombs instead? If you're careful about how you set up your sources, you can probably install everything from binary packages and just build the extra pieces you need.

gr-drm is already available through pybombs, so it should be a snap to install - if it doesn't work, please file a bug.

I'd suggest using ~/gnuradio-pybombs/ as your install target; that'll make it easier to upgrade your custom modules and tell gnuradio which module to use in case of naming conflicts.

Hello all,
I have installed gnuradio using build-gnuradio. How do I go about gr-drm or another project that is not there by detault?
If i use pybombs, it brings in source code for all the dependencies. Is this the right way to bring in gr-drm?
thanks
Rachel