Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Find a Packet in a bit stream

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Find a Packet in a bit stream
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:37:25 +0100

Hi Daniel,

On 11/12/2014 11:23 AM, Daniel Batista wrote:
I need something like the header/payload demux block.
Can you help my understand how it works?
Well, depends ;) First, I'd point you to the obvious source, the documentation for header_payload_demux [1] and especially the "Detailed Description" section. That will explain your following quistions:
The trigger input value can be the starting byte of my packet?
(kind of)
In header_data input should I insert the expected header?
(no)
Is it possible to  have a variable length payload?
(yes)
Instead of defining the length of the frame is it possible to set a byte as the
end of my frame?
(no, I think that's the job of the header to define. Packeted transmission with end-of-transmission symbols don't really make sense, imho)

header_payload_demux does really what its name promises: Given a sample stream and information about packet starts (either via input stream or by using trigger_tag_key tags). The packet detection is something you'll have to do "upstream" in the flow graph. I really like to do that, so here I'm pointing you at the official documentation for packeted data transmission.

Greetings,
Marcus

Thank you in advance!
Daniel