[Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Header Generator

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Header Generator
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:14:05 -0500

I'm trying to use the Packet Header Generator block
(not the Default one) from within GRC to generate a
packet header formatted to my own specification in
order to match an existing protocol.

I assume that an appropriate "formatter object" can
be submitted to this block to instruct it to build an
arbitrary header, but I'm having difficulty finding
any documentation or example of using a formatter object.
All I found points to the packet_header_default::header_formatter
method, which composes a fixed format that is of no use to me.

Any help point me in the right direction?  Am I just missing
it or is there no "generic" header formatter capability?