Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with Gnuradio-Companion

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with Gnuradio-Companion
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 12:07:30 -0500

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Mike Willis <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks to Sebastian for his help.

This appears to be a bug? Well maybe my bug. My input parameter was intended as an identification number and not unreasonably I called it “id”. Apparently I can’t call the parameter “id”. I can call it “ix” and grc will find it. What on earth?

Mike

$ ipython

In [1]: help(id)

Help on built-in function id in module __builtin__:

id(...)
    id(object) -> integer

    Return the identity of an object.  This is guaranteed to be unique among
    simultaneously existing objects.  (Hint: it's the object's memory address.)

GRC runs in Python. It outputs Python code. You tried to use a reserved Python keyword.

Tom