[Discuss-gnuradio] gr logger and alias

From: Jared Dulmage
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr logger and alias
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:30:45 -0800

GR users,

GNURadio 3.7.4 (w/ log4cpp) on Linux (Ubuntu 14).

We have an application that runs several (identical) flowgraphs at once and
aggregates logs to a central processor.  We wanted to differentiate the logging
info through unique aliases for blocks in different flowgraphs.  However, it
appears that the logger only uses the original name of the block for each
flowgraph, not the alias we set.  So we can't really tell from which flowgraph
a particular log entry came from.  Any ideas on how we could get the logger to
use the alias we set as opposed to the default name of the block?

Thanks,
Jared.