Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit time synchronization

From: Muhammad Shahmeer Omar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit time synchronization
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 10:03:54 -0800

Thanks Marcus!

Is it possible to synchronize the usrps using individual gpsdo modules for each board or is a central distribution system (like the octoclock) necessary?

Hello Muhammad Shahmeer Omar,

with neither an external signal or a GPSDO, this is physically impossible.

I think with external signal you mean the PPS signal; you can of course use a reference signal and build synchronization in software. That is a problem equivalent to synchronization in communication systems, e.g. synchronization of mobile phones to a base station.

Best regards,
Marcus Müller