Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER over air

From: Iain Young, G7III
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER over air
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 19:23:14 +0000

On 28/12/14 19:08, Mostafa Alizadeh wrote:

Again I think we need to remove fading channel before SNR estimation. Is it
true?

To answer this specific point (and Marcus is far more better versed than I in this science):

More fading equals less signal, more noise at particular times, thus worse Signal to Noise Ratio.

If you need to be able to pass data during any fading, then you need
to take it into account (often this is done with FEC or PM schemes etc)

SNR is only "true" for a moment in time. The next moment, both signal
and noise may change.

Best Regards

Iain