Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bluetooth Transmitter using GRC

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bluetooth Transmitter using GRC
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:17:20 +0100

The latency is an issue when action of one side is dependent on reaction of the other side. Usually there are narrow time limits that have to be considered, and the time an action travels over USB or Ethernet may simply be to long. The other thing may be jitter, many protocols do not like variations in the timing, but those are more or less normal for USB or Ethernet. The closest binding between hardware and controller is doing it all in the FPGA, what could be considered as a real time system.

Ralph.