Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2xB210 boards via USB 3.0 (UHD C++)

From: Ernest Szczepaniak
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2xB210 boards via USB 3.0 (UHD C++)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 05:19:23 -0700 (MST)

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I made this yesterday (as you said, 2 different usrp
object's, 2 different streamer object's etc.). Finnaly got 4 separated
channels, using two separated boards.

As we are talking about synchronization im planning to follow UHD API hint:

- external 10 MHz ref clock
- external 1 PPS source

and a nice quote from API:

In order to achieve phase alignment between USRP devices, the CORDICS in
both devices must be aligned with respect to each other. This is easily
achieved by issuing stream commands with a time spec property, which
instructs the streaming to begin at a specified time. Since the devices are
already synchronized via the 10 MHz and PPS inputs, the streaming will start
at exactly the same time on both devices. The CORDICs are reset at each
start-of-burst command, so users should ensure that every start-of-burst
also has a time spec set.

Would it be sufficient?