Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PSK.py script giving errors

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PSK.py script giving errors
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:05:56 -0500

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 6:15 AM, vaibhav kulkarni <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to make the following system.

Packet Generator ------> BPSK Modulator --------> Frequency Hopper ---------------> UHD Sink

I read that the generic block psk.py can be used as a BPSK modulator so for the 1st two blocks I use the class psk_mod(generic_mod), setting the constellations as 2. Also the input to this block is a byte stream. So the 1st two blocks of my system are set.

For frequency hopper () I want to send every new BPSK modulated packet on a different frequency seperated at 5MHz starting from 2.40Ghz) as I use the frequency_hopping.py module which uses stream_tags for frequenncy tuning. and Finally connecting it to the usrp sink.

Final system looking like this psk_mod (hier_block2), hopper_block(hier_block2)

self.connect(psk_mod, hopper_block, self.sink)

However the PSK block gives the following errors.

1. Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./psk_fh.py", line 301, in <module>
    main()
  File "./psk_fh.py", line 294, in main
    top_block = FlowGraph(args)
  File "./psk_fh.py", line 258, in __init__
    src = "">
  File "./psk_fh.py", line 119, in __init__
    super(psk_mod, self).__init__(constellation, differential, *args, **kwargs)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)

Any help to resolve this or another approach to this system is appriciated.

-
Vaibhav Kulkarni
ETH Zurich

This is probably related to a change in version for the psk_mod class. Take a look at the psk.py file you have. The current version looks like:

     def __init__(self, constellation_points=_def_constellation_points,
                 mod_code=_def_mod_code,
                 differential=_def_differential,
                 *args, **kwargs):

So you need that mod_code value set, as well. It's described in the class documentation.

Tom