Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cmake can't find 'gnuradio-pmt'

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cmake can't find 'gnuradio-pmt'
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 17:15:33 -0500

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:36 PM, ben Gee <address@hidden> wrote:
thanks Tom! That seemed to get me one step further.
a couple of notes:
1) do you any thoughts on the next error (output included below)? looks like the same thing except, polarssl is now not mentioned in the findgnuradio.cmake file.

First, that's now a problem with the openlte build system and nothing to do with GNU Radio.

Second, it's not polarssl that's the problem here. When it says it didn't find it, it means that pkg-config couldn't locate it, but you'll notice the second two lines have found the libraries and headers because cmake went and looked for them on its own.

The real problem is the next line where it says it can't find gr-osmosdr, which is either not installed or is installed somewhere where the openlte cmake system isn't able to find it.

2) a friend mentioned to me that there is a pybombs recipe for openlte which i ran successfully (while feeling like a bit of a dope for not thinking of it first).

Might as well stick with pybombs. It knows what it's doing with these things.

Specifically, since it all gets installed into the same prefix, that's helping cmake find things easier.

Tom

with that said, shouldn't i still be able to compile the source for openlte without using its pybombs recipe? I would like to resolve the cmake error, but in the interest of not wasting your time, please understand that openlte DID compile through pybombs. I guess the cmake issue is just a bit bothersome, especially if i want to compile GNURadio code that is out of tree for pybombs.

thanks,
-ben

output after making the previously suggested

address@hidden:~/openlte_v00-18-03/build/CMakeFiles$ cmake ../
-- Build type not specified: defaulting to release.
-- Boost version: 1.54.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   system
Checking for GNU Radio Module: RUNTIME
 * INCLUDES=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/include
 * LIBS=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/lib/libgnuradio-runtime.so
GNURADIO_RUNTIME_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: BLOCKS
 * INCLUDES=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/include
 * LIBS=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/lib/libgnuradio-blocks.so
GNURADIO_BLOCKS_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: FILTER
 * INCLUDES=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/include
 * LIBS=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/lib/libgnuradio-filter.so
GNURADIO_FILTER_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: PMT
 * INCLUDES=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/include
 * LIBS=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/lib/libgnuradio-pmt.so
GNURADIO_PMT_FOUND = TRUE
-- Could NOT find GNURADIO_OSMOSDR (missing:  GNURADIO_OSMOSDR_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- UHD LIBRARIES /home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/lib/libuhd.so
-- UHD INCLUDE DIRS /home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/include
-- checking for module 'polarssl'
--   package 'polarssl' not found
-- POLARSSL LIBRARIES /usr/lib/libpolarssl.so
-- POLARSSL INCLUDE DIRS /usr/include
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:103 (message):
  GNURadio Osmosdr required to compile openLTE

      this is my first time on the list. I'm running gnuradio 3.7.6.1 with pybombs. I'm now trying to install OpenLTE which is dependent on Gnuradio and when it calls cmake to check for gnuradio's packages it can't find it. Originally, the 'FindGnuradio.cmake' file wasn't in the cmake/modules directory, so that was an easy fix, now it runs a little further, and this is the output:

-- Boost version: 1.54.0

-- Found the following Boost libraries:

--   system

Checking for GNU Radio Module: RUNTIME

 * INCLUDES=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/include

 * LIBS=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/lib/libgnuradio-runtime.so

GNURADIO_RUNTIME_FOUND = TRUE

Checking for GNU Radio Module: BLOCKS

 * INCLUDES=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/include

 * LIBS=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/lib/libgnuradio-blocks.so

GNURADIO_BLOCKS_FOUND = TRUE

Checking for GNU Radio Module: FILTER

 * INCLUDES=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/include

 * LIBS=/home/cnlsdr1/pybombs/lib/libgnuradio-filter.so

GNURADIO_FILTER_FOUND = TRUE

Checking for GNU Radio Module: PMT

-- checking for module 'gnuradio-pmt'

--   package 'gnuradio-pmt' not found

 * INCLUDES=GNURADIO_PMT_INCLUDE_DIRS-NOTFOUND

 * LIBS=GNURADIO_PMT_LIBRARIES-NOTFOUND

-- Could NOT find GNURADIO_PMT (missing:  GNURADIO_PMT_LIBRARIES GNURADIO_PMT_INCLUDE_DIRS)

GNURADIO_PMT_FOUND = FALSE

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindGnuradio.cmake:97 (message):

  Required GNU Radio Component: PMT missing!

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindGnuradio.cmake:123 (GR_MODULE)

  CMakeLists.txt:92 (find_package)

I usually just figure this stuff out on my own or with the help of coworkers, but i figured i'd give the group a try.

Thanks,

-ben

It looks like there's some confusion in the configuration process. It looks like it's using FindGnuradio.cmake, which will be removed in the next API version update since we are now using the GnuradioConfig.cmake method of doing this. This shouldn't be a problem, but It looks like there might be a bug that's causing this because of the install and cmake paths.

Take a look at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindGnuradio.cmake and go to the very last line and make this substitution:

-GR_MODULE(PMT gnuradio-pmt pmt/pmt.h gnuradio-pmt)
+GR_MODULE(PMT gnuradio-runtime pmt/pmt.h gnuradio-pmt)

The PMT library is provided by gnuradio-runtime, so they are in the same package config info.

Tom