Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Low TX Power when performing frequency hopping

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Low TX Power when performing frequency hopping
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 14:09:36 +0100

Hi Vaibhav,

how do you make sure the PSD measures the power in *exactly* the 6ms you're sending in? Or do you continously measure? If the latter: do you multiply with the duty cycle of each subchannel (ie. when you hop to 10 channels sequentially, each channel would only be used 10% of the time, and thus, a long observation will only see 10% of power)? Are you looking at an offline analysis, or at a live updated PSD plot, which might actually miss a lot of bursts by only looking every 1/updates_per_second ?

I don't know the T-Mote sky nor the Received Signal Strength Indication algorithm it uses, so I can't really say anything about that.

Best regards,
Marcus