Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reed-Solomon en/decoder

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reed-Solomon en/decoder
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 00:35:52 -0700

Take a look in:

gnuradio/gr-dtv/lib/atsc/atsc_rs_encoder_impl.cc
gnuradio/gr-dtv/lib/atsc/atsc_rs_decoder_impl.cc

Ron

On 03/10/2015 12:30 AM, Jeon wrote:
I need Reed-Solomon encoder and decoder to perform RS(15, 2/4/7/11).

I found that there are RS codes in gr-fec/lib/reed-solomon.
But, I couldn't find some grc blocks implementing the library codes.
In addition, I don't see work() function which is generally implemented in other blocks.

On the other hand, I found ccsds keyword in decode_rs_ccsds.c and encode_rs_ccsds.c
and I can find that keyword in some grc blocks, fec_encode_ccsds, fec_decode_ccsds, ccsds_encoder_def.
But, I don't think such blocks can do what I want.

Are there encoder and decoder which have been already implemented?
Do I not understand how to use RS blocks which have been already implemented?
Or should I implement them?

Regards,
Jeon.