Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using virtual member functions

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using virtual member functions
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:30:32 -0700

When you 'make' a block, it actually returns you a _impl version of the class, even though only the abstract class is declared publically. All the methods are actually defined in the _impl, where also the members reside.

If you're having trouble understanding the polymorphism concepts, I suggest having another look at some C++ literature. If it's the actual GNU Radio block design, have another look at examples of blocks (e.g. in gr-blocks) to see how the abstract methods interact with their definitions.

Cheers,