Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling File Sink

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling File Sink
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:32:34 -0700

On 12.03.2015 11:36, Richard Bell wrote:
Hello all,

In GRC, I've set up a packet detector that is working using the Header
Payload Demux block. Unexpectedly, however, it seems the payload output
port does not go silent when no header is detected. It outputs zeros,
which the file sink block I have connected to that port then stores.

Richard,

the HPD does *not* output zeros between bursts. It will send out whatever the header return message tells it to output. Check the OFDM examples for how these things happen. You can add message probes to see what exactly is encoded by the messages.