[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems to create a new OOT module using gr_modtool

From: Luiz Silva
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems to create a new OOT module using gr_modtool in a pybombs instalation of Gnuradio
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:27:56 -0300

Hello,

I tried to create a module in the Gnuradio v3.7.6.1 installed by pybombs using
gr_modtool. But the module didn't appear in the gnuradio module list.
I verified if something it was wrong during the creation of the block, but it
wasn't.

So after a long time, I noticed that the .xml files of the new module it was
created in a different folder.
In my case I install gnuradio in the folder: //usr/local/src, where I put the
pybombs files and install, and the .xml files usually are located in:
//usr/local/src/target/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks. But the new module .xml files
was created in: //usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks.

Because of that, my new module didn't appear in the gnuradio module list.
So, I copy the .xml files to the correctly folder and n more problems with that.

But, I would like if there are another solution to that.
Do you have any idea ?

Thanks,