Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Splitting a vector at the output of the FFT

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Splitting a vector at the output of the FFT
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:52:51 +0100

Hi Alejandro,

are you sure you want to use the FFT sinks?
They basically "just" internally put the sample stream into vectors of fftlen length, then calculate the dB(abs(fft(these vectors))), and display the result.
What you're describing sounds more like you'd want to use the standalone, not-graphical-sink FFT block.

The FFT is defined as most of the time in DSP: each bin corresponds to a specific exponent in the complex exponential function, ie. e^(j*n_bin*omega); compare [1].

Greetings,
Marcus

[1] http://www.fftw.org/doc/The-1d-Discrete-Fourier-Transform-_0028DFT_0029.html#The-1d-Discrete-Fourier-Transform-_0028DFT_0029