|From:||Marcus D. Leech|
|Subject:||Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP B210 "UHD Error: recv packet demuxer unexpected sid 0xff87ffc3"|
|Date:||Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:05:27 -0400|
|User-agent:||Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.2.0|
On 03/19/2015 04:39 PM, Larry Van Der Jagt wrote:
Basically, what seems to happen with B200, is that overruns tend to turn into cascades that yield dropped USB frames, which provokes "syntax errors" in the underlying (or overlying, depending on your view of the VITA-49 stack) protocol layer.
What type of USB subsystem do you have? What CPU utilization is happening when you're running the flow-graph. I don't have a good feel for
how "crunchy" a PFB decimator is compared to, for example, a hierarchical filtering scheme to get you from 20Msps to a single WBFM channel.
If you really are interested in just a single WBFM channel, then bringing the samples in at a lower rate is preferable. I usually run the radio interface at
1Msps, and filter-and-decimate down to 250kHz. I get good results that way.
I realize this may just be an "exploratory" thing for you, on the way to something else.
Also, I just noticed that you're running an older (very) Ubuntu. The older kernels had poorer USB-3.0 support, so something to consider would be
to upgrade your OS to 14.04 LTS.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|