Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attri

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attri
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:58:20 -0400

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Ludwig Stephan (CR/AEH4) <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tom,

I have a similar problem. I added a pretty plain block, which uses #include <gnuradio/blocks/pdu.h> and changed my set() according to your description to
set(GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS RUNTIME BLOCKS PMT PDU)

All compiles well, but the same error as in this thread.

Do you have a clue, what I am missing?

Regards
Stephan

I haven't a clue. I just tried it and it worked fine.

To the impl.cc file, I added:

#include <gnuradio/blocks/pdu.h>
      gr::blocks::pdu::vector_type i = gr::blocks::pdu::float_t;
      size_t t = gr::blocks::pdu::itemsize(i);

And then I added BLOCKS to the GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS and it worked fine. Without the cmake changes, I get the same error, but otherwise, it worked as expected here.

Tom

>When you build an OOT module, it only knows to look for and link against the GNU Radio runtime library. If you look in the top-level CMakeLists.txt file of your project, you'll
> see a line (somewhere around line 113) that declares this:

> set(GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS RUNTIME)

> But now you are trying to use an FFT filter, which is in the GNU Radio filter library (libgnuradio-filter). You need to tell the project to both find and link against this library now,
> so change that line to:

> set(GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS RUNTIME FILTER)

> For future reference, nearly this exact problem is mentioned in out OOT configuration tutorial:

> Tom

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Stephan Ludwig

Robert Bosch GmbH
Corporate Sector Research & Advance Engineering, Communication Technology (CR/AEH4)
Renningen
70465 Stuttgart
GERMANY

Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Franz Fehrenbach; Managing Directors: Dr. Volkmar Denner,
Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Dr. Rolf Bulander, Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Dirk Hoheisel, Christoph Kübel,
Uwe Raschke, Wolf-Henning Scheider, Dr. Werner Struth, Peter Tyroller