Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Cross Reference Tool

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Cross Reference Tool
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:26:48 -0700

Thanks, Richard, I didn't know this tool existed.

That said, there are excellent tools for searching the source tree available through the command line. My favourite is 'ack' (which is packaged by all big distros, and has a plugin for at least vim), but 'git grep' is also very useful and sometimes works better than ack when you just want to search indexed items.

Also, many editors have a feature that allows you to open files by fuzzy file name search (For Vim, Ctrl-P does this, although I know this was copied from some other editor).

During coding, there are several tools you can use to auto-complete modules. Again, this depends on your editor, but out-of-the box, I think Eclipse comes with most of these.

Cheers,