[Discuss-gnuradio] Bitbaking GnuRadio with meta-sdr master issues

From: Murray Thomson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bitbaking GnuRadio with meta-sdr master issues
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 16:07:35 +0100

Hello,

I have built the gnuradio-dev-image for an arm machine and I wanted to share a couple of small issues that I found in the process.

- The meta-sdr/conf/bblayers.conf.sample doesn't include all the layers needed. This is correctly warned in the README file of the layer. I've attached the file that worked for me in case someone finds it useful.

- A couple of the layers include recipe.bbappend files for recipes that have been updated recently. I solved this ignoring them with BBMASK as you can see in the bblayers.conf file.

- valgrind recipe failed. This seem to be a problem with the Yocto master branch so I deleted it from the recipes and I built without it.

- volk failed to compile for qemuarm machine. I couldn't work around this one. I've attached the log file. Some of the recipes, including gnuradio_git depend on it so I don't think I'll be able to ignore it.

The only real issue is the last one. It would be great to be able to compile for qemuarm. Could anyone give me a pointer to fix this? My machine runs Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit and the master branch for all the BSPs.

Thanks,
Murray