[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-display-master install (was Re: Writing text to a

From: Murphy, John
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-display-master install (was Re: Writing text to a QT GUI Window)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:45:48 -0400

In the gr-display-master README file under "2. Installation" when it states...
$cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<where gnuradio is installed> ../

What is meant by "<where gnuradio is installed>"?
gnuradio gets installed across many directories, to which does this refer?

Sorry for the noob question, I never had to use -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
before just using gr_modtool for my own blocks, even copying between
systems.

On my system, when I sudo make install my own modules, it puts stuff in...
/usr/local/lib/cmake/MYMODULE
/usr/local/include/MYMODULE
/usr/local/lib64
/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MYMODULE
usr/local/include/MYMODULE/MYMODULE/swig
/usr/local/share/gnuradio/blocks

gr-display sounds like a great idea, and I am eager to try it out.

John Murphy
address@hidden