Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Correlation Estimator

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Correlation Estimator
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:50:59 -0700

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Richard Bell <address@hidden> wrote:
Was the Correlation Estimator block recently added? If so, thank you whoever wrote it. If not, thanks anyway. It seems to be an alternative to the infamous Corr_and_Sync block.

I also like the testbench that goes with it in gr-digital/examples/demod. I did not know I could use Modulate Vector (or the existence thereof) to pre-modulate a preamble. Very clean.

Both corr_est_cc and modulate_vector were written and contributed to GNU Radio by Nick Foster and Andy Walls, and are intended as a more general replacement for corr_and_sync, and were recently merged into master for eventual release in 3.7.8.

Tom Rondeau, Sean Nowlan, and I are working on better packet/burst mode processing and the above is a nice addition to that.

The modulate_vector function/block may undergo some changes as we're trying to figure out the best way to deal with group delay in the pulse shaping filter.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services