Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP Source for B2x0 overflows File Sink

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP Source for B2x0 overflows File Sink
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 13:02:58 -0400

Or alternatively, just run the USRP at your desired sample-rate into the file-sink.

On 2015-05-07 12:48, Murphy, John wrote:

How would I best set up a UHD Source block for USRP B2x0 devices to
output to a flowgraph that uses a File Sink block to write to disk
without overflows (and how would I best set up the File Sink block)?

This is the attached system hardware, dedicated to GR...
Gigabyte GB-BXi7-4770R Brix Pro PC
Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8=16GB RAM DDR3L-1600 (PC3L-12800) CL9 Timing 9-9-9-24
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SATA-III internal 2.5" SSD
...so a lot of overkill on hardware resources, but no knowledge on how
to set up the UHD Source block or File Sink block to take advantage of
this.

I am attempting to record data at 16Ms/s on the USRP and 8Ms/s to the
disk but I would like to take this even higher (perhaps as high as 28
Ms/s on the USRP or as fast as I can get it) if possible with a fast
enough system.

Fedora 20 with LXDE (uname -r is 3.18.9-100.fc20.x86_64)
UHD is 3.8.1
GR is 3.7.6.1

My flowgraph has:
a. UHD USRP Source with master clock 32M, sample rate 16M, wire format
auto, output type complex float32, and a device argument of
num_recv_frames=512.
b. Polyphase Decimator with decim 2, 175 taps from
firdes.low_pass_2(), FFT rotator and filters.
c. Constant multiply by 32768 with type complex.
d. Complex to IShort with vector output yes.
e. File Sink with input type short, vector length of 2, unbuffered on
(there's a confusing parameter name, which I am not sure actually does
anything), and append file overwrite.

Thanks,
- John