[Discuss-gnuradio] MANET using USRPs

From: John Meloche
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MANET using USRPs
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 08:53:56 -0400

I need to implement a MANET sensor network and would like to be able to use the USRP units that we have on hand for this.  Presently we have a bunch of N210 and B210 units.  What I am after if an adhoc mesh network capable of a range of about 1km using the ISM band or other such open spectrum allocation.  I was reading recently about the 802.11af standard and thought that this may be a good place to start though I am open to better suggestions.  I have searched around the web and cannot find anything that is ready to implement.  I would be inclined to purchase a solution that is ready to go and would like to know if you are aware of any company that has a successful implementation of such a MANET and would have a turnkey solution to available for purchase.  I would be grateful to get your opinion.