Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is it possible to create a block from other block

From: Richard Bell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is it possible to create a block from other blocks?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 15:20:20 -0700

You can't do it the way you asked specifically. The GUI functionality of GNU Radio compared to Simulink is very different. The hierarchical block mentioned by Chris above is a way of putting several blocks together using code to do the wrapping. You need to create a new block using gr_modtool and wrap all the subblocks into this top block. It takes a lot more experience to do then the few simulink clicks. If you're are not afraid of that and plan on using gnuradio long term, it's worth learning how to do.

Rich

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Chris Kuethe <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes. https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Hierarchical-Blocks

You can also increase the canvas size in the top block options.