Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC Reacting Slowly

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC Reacting Slowly
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:05:28 +0200

Hi Richard,

I'll pitch `perf` here (you're on Ubuntu, so it's in the linux-tools, probably).
Build GNU Radio with the debugging symbols enabled, i.e. call CMake with the build type specified:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo ..

Then, allow normal users to sniff around processes' calls:

sudo sysctl kernel/perf_event_paranoid=-1

Run GRC to see where time is spent (-a is for "all CPUs")

perf record -a gnuradio-companion

play around in GRC. Close it and interpret the result as shown by

perf report

Greetings,
Marcus