Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio FFT - Graph concatenation

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio FFT - Graph concatenation
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:44:33 -0700

On Jun 11, 2015, at 6:59, Hassaan Ahmad <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm using USRP E310 and running uhd_fft.grc to acquire FFT spectrum from the
> device in network mode, and then displays that with QT FFT GUI block.
>
> Setting a center frequency, I can get an instantaneous bandwidth of 32MHz
> around the center frequency. (for me it's the maximum in network mode) Now, I
> want to change the center frequency programmatically in order to sweep a
> larger bandwidth and then concatenate the results into a single QT FFT graph
> like this:

Balint Seeber posted a video on May 30 demonstrating doing exactly this (with a
USRP X310; I don't know if the capabilities are different enough to matter).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wlKYDEOUU
SDR Wideband Spectrum Monitoring for Drone FPV Frequency Management

At 2:00 "I just prototyped a GNU Radio block yesterday..."

Perhaps he should be encouraged to move it beyond prototype status!

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>