Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SOCIS project update 2

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SOCIS project update 2
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:50:36 -0700

On 12.06.2015 09:36, Johannes Demel wrote:
> channel construction code. First of all, BEC channels can be
> calculated efficiently, but I don't consider them to be interesting
> for GNU Radio. Let me know if you have a different opinion on this.
> And why. I consider BSC as the most interesting case.

Hey Johannes,

in the since-abandoned channel-coding toolbox that was once started at
CEL, there are blocks for BSC as well as channels based on Markov-chains
(e.g. for burst errors within BSCs). Both would be interesting to GNU
Radio, and you could simply port those into GNU Radio. IIRC, I wrote
both those blocks myself, so there would be no copyright issue here, and
might save you some work.

Cheers,
Martin