Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined symbol: _ZNK7QwtPlot5printEP8QPainterRK

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined symbol: _ZNK7QwtPlot5printEP8QPainterRK5QRectRK18QwtPlotPrintFilter
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:31:09 -0400

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Murphy, John <address@hidden> wrote:
Not sure which prereq lib it was anymore - it was a couple days ago
and I thought I had gone past the problem. I could guess it was
something libqwt5 maybe? And it was a case of a failure to overwrite
the deb archive of which there a ton of examples on the web, almost
always resolved using the force overwrite option in apt-get and then
doing the apt-get -f install to execute the install and clean it up.

>From what I recall, what happened looked remarkably similar to this I
see on google...
http://osdir.com/ml/ubuntu-bugs/2015-05/msg01014.html
...except this happened when the build-gnuradio script was running.

This was literally a case of take a brand new machine never had
anything on it, install from the current Kubuntu 15.04 iso checked for
the hash etc, download build-gnuradio from sbrac, run build-gnuradio.
And I got the apt-get issue.
I am for all purposes new to apt-get (last time was beyond my
ever-approaching memory horizon), and I guess I have been fortunate
enough to have never seen yum trip over its own feet like this, knock
on wood.

John

Ok, so given all of this, my guess is that there's a version mismatch in the QWT library(ies) you have installed. Looks like cmake is finding a version but linking against another version.

You'll want to try and clean out all of your QWT installs. Then it might be easier to just install QWT yourself. If you do so, use the latest version (6.1.2).

Tom