Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC Block with Selectable Item Type

From: Richard Bell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC Block with Selectable Item Type
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 17:16:52 -0700

Nevermind. I overlooked updating the soure/sink ports with $type in the xml.

Rich

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Richard Bell <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I made a custom block that I'd like to allow the user to select item type of. I started following in the footsteps of the copy block, but instead of having the drop down menu update the blocks ports to reflect a type change, it lists the selected type as text on the face of the block, and does not update the ports at all. The block comes in by default with complex port types, and selecting any other type does not change this. If I connect a byte wire to the block it will cause an error, even if I select byte.

So then I looked at the agc block to see if I could find a difference. Here it looks like the type selection was implemented by making different source code for each type.

I'd like to implement it the way the copy block does, but I don't know what's wrong. Is there something else I should know about doing this that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
Rich