Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dx Patrol Setup

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dx Patrol Setup
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 06:50:10 -0700

Some applications (e.g. DVB) automatically acquire the RTL at
boot, preventing Gnuradio from opening it.

sudo rmmod dvb_usb_rtl28xxu rtl2832

at the command line, each each boot, or

blacklist the device by creating a somefilename.conf file in /etc/modprobe.d
(may depend on Linux distribution) containing:

  blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
  blacklist rtl2832
  blacklist rtl2830

-- Tom, N5EG