Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT scope block?

From: numeric
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT scope block?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:52:38 -0700 (MST)

Thank you Marcus.
I tried again to implement your suggestion. This time I had success! Thank
you!
However, I had to make changes. I set the constellation sink for 2 inputs
and added a second float to complex block. This provides a Y (or vertical)
scope input representing the waveform R + J*X. Where R is the "real"
component of the VNA reflection component and X is the "imaginary" component
of the reflection component. They are both plotted on the same axis. The
orthogonal scope axis is the driving VNA VCO waveform (used a sawtooth) and
is the same waveform for R and X reflection parts.

The ambiguous part:
The float to complex provides two float input ports and one complex output
port. I believe the top float port is the "in-phase" and the bottom float
port is the "quadrature-phase" port. I need to document further what I did,
a picture, as they say, is worth a 1000 words. I have a screen shot of the
waveform and GRC flow diagram. I transferred the png file to windows but the
file name causes problems in windows. However, at this time I have another
project  to complete first.
Thank you for your help,
Rob

Marcus Müller-3 wrote