Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph locking up with Stream Mux

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph locking up with Stream Mux
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 15:09:50 +0000

Yes, that’s a workaround. My point is that this issue is not obvious to somebody who isn’t familiar with how the scheduler works.

When using null sources, it makes sense to just use two of them. But what if you’re supplying a data stream and need to inject a synchronization sequence in the middle, as GSM does? In this case, my workaround is using a Deinterleave block to split a burst of data into two branches fed to the first and third ports of a Stream Mux, and a Vector Source with the sync sequence fed to the second Mux port. This works fine for me.

I still wonder if there’s a way to prevent people from stumbling into the issue that’s causing the lock up.

Sean