Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] possible bug in gr_modtool

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] possible bug in gr_modtool
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 13:09:24 -0400

The OP's point is that in gr-modtool's docs/doxygen/CMakeLists.txt, this
command is:
{{{
add_custom_command(
    OUTPUT ${BUILT_DIRS}
    COMMAND ${DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE} ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/Doxyfile
    WORKING_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
    COMMENT "Generating documentation with doxygen"
)
}}}
which is -without- the DEPENDS. Hence, this command will be executed
just once, the first time, no matter if any dependencies change & make
is executed again. The only way to get it to rerun is to redo the
original cmake command.

OTOH, the top-level docs/doxygen/CMakeLists.txt -does- contain the
DEPENDS clause, which, assuming the ${GENERATED_DEPS} is valid, should
redo the doxygen command when any of the doc sources change (or
something along those lines).

I'm thinking adding in the current binary (build) directory isn't the
right way to go, but I'm just not familiar enough with the modtool docs
to know what to add as DEPENDS there. - MLD