[Discuss-gnuradio] Sync input streams on VOR Signal

From: Casey Flach
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sync input streams on VOR Signal
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:38:27 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to process a VOR signal. My blocks look like the following.

                            Source
                           Resample
                    ______ Demod AM __________
                   v                         v
             Filter 30 Hz             Filter 9960 Hz
                   |                     Demod FM
                   |                    Filter 30 Hz
                   |__________    ___________|
                              |  |
                              v  v
                        Phase Comparator

The problem is that by the time both sample streams get to the Phase
Comparator the streams are out of sync because the right side has more
to process and GNURadio blocks are asynchronous. I have tried adding a
block to generate a tag before the "Demod AM" block and making the Phase
Comparator wait to process until it receives the tag on both streams,
but that appears to not work. In the Phase Comparator I'm basically
calling "Consume(0, 0); Consume(1, 0);" until I receive both tags.

Does anyone know of a better way to try to sync up the sample streams?

Thank You.