[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-cdma data transmission

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-cdma data transmission
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 11:10:45 -0700

I seem to have the gr-cdma OOT module installed and working properly.
If on the TX side I create a vector source of 50 zeroes and then include
a vector insert of the numbers 1-10, repeated every 10 times, I can see
that coming through the receive chain, so I think I have a slight grasp
of what is going on.

My question is that I wanted to send a small packet of data across
(think hello world), but I am having trouble grasping how I would do
that.  I had originally setup a UDP source with a payload of 50 feeding
into the throttle, but when I send a netcat over to it, I get an error
because:
gr::log :FATAL: crc32_bb0 - Missing a required length tag on port 0 at
item #0
thread[thread-per-block[2]: <block crc32_bb (12)>]: Missing length tag.

>>> Done (return code -9)

I believe that this is due to the fact that I don't have a Tag crated in
the UDP Source block.  Has anyone send a custom message across? Am I
missing something vital here?  I am thinking ahead to an outside
application creating a packet to send and needing to pass it to the GRC
script.