Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multiple sources synchronization ?

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multiple sources synchronization ?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:02:16 -0400

The "use the signal itself" method is something that I've used in the past for Dicke-switched type systems.  The idea was originally described by Ken Tapping of the DRAO observatory.

The gr-ra_blocks OOT module that I designed includes an "Oblivious Slicer" block that will produce a difference value based on a block of samples, using "oblivious slicing".

https://github.com/patchvonbraun/gr-ra_blocks

The technique works well for well-differentiated signals (large difference between reference and "sky"), but not otherwise.