Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio CMake module/files for Google Protocol B

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio CMake module/files for Google Protocol Buffers file generation?
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:13:07 +0200

Hi Andy,

without knowing for sure, I'd assume there'd be a bit of reinventing wheels that will be unavoidable.

However, CMake does distribute a FindProtobuf.cmake [1], which conveniently contains a command

protobuf_generate_cpp (<SRCS> <HDRS> [<ARGN>...])

Now, I'd say you'd just do the same as for the source files in lib/CMakeLists.txt, i.e. add a list variable that contains your proto files, like

list(APPEND gr_andys_module_proto_defs
bufdef1.proto
bufdef2.proto
)

and then

protobuf_generate_cpp(PROTO_SRCS  PROTO_HDRS ${gr_andys_module_proto_defs})

and where you define the sources of your module, have that include ${PROTO_SRCS}.

You might run into some include path strangenesses, and I've found that adding ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/lib (or similar) to the include_directories() directive might help

Cheers,
Marcus

[1] http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/module/FindProtobuf.html